Search »

Duterte sets P1-M bounty for Enzo Pastor's killers

By Camille Diola

image

MANILA, Philippines — Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte announced a bounty of P1 million for the capture of suspects behind the death of race car driver Enzo Pastor.

"I am offering P1 million for the capture and successful prosecution of the killer of Enzo. All you have to do is just to text me, tutal ma-trace ko naman and I'll give you my word of honor that it will be ultra-secret," Duterte said in a press conference Wednesday night as seen in a video by the Davao City Information Office.

Duterte expressed grief over the 32-year-old racing champion's demise, whose family are among his closest friends.

"He had a very promising career. Death overtook him. Mamamatay ang tao, pero hindi naman yung babarilin lang na parang aso and talagang I am in grief also kasi kaibigan ko," the mayor said.

Read: Filipinos mourn Enzo Pastor's untimely death

Pastor, the first Filipino to participate and win in a NASCAR championship, was fatally shot by motorcycle-riding gunmen on June 12 in Quezon City.

Duterte said he was able to personally raise the amount taken from the bounty of carnap syndicate leader Ryan "Baktin" Yu, who presumably fled abroad last year.

"I got the permission of [the private] donors na nagbigay ng pera," Duterte said. "Sabi ko puwede kong gamitin itong P1 million, tutal crime-connected naman, for our fellowmen, pumayag naman sila."

Duterte advised informants on security measures they may take to secretly meet with him, saying they could approach their local parish priest willing to act as middleman in the negotiations.

comments powered by Disqus

mofuse.com