Bounty for Parojinog brod’s arrest raised to P5 M
MANILA, Philippines — President Duterte last night ordered a manhunt for Councilor Ricardo “Ardot” Parojinog, brother of slain Ozamiz City Mayor Reynaldo Parojinog.
Duterte also increased to P5 million from P1 million the bounty for the councilor.
“This Ardot, the remaining Parojinog, ito yung gago (he is a fool)...I am increasing the money to P5 million,” Duterte told soldiers during the 11th anniversary of the Eastern Mindanao Command in Davao City.
“If you are not busy…just walking around the farm land, hunt him. That’s P5 million,” he added.
Last month, the local government of Ozamiz City offered P1 million for any information that would lead to the councilor’s arrest.
Parojinog has been included in the immigration lookout bulletin since Aug. 4 on orders of Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II. The councilor escaped authorities during the pre-dawn raid in his residence last July 30 but the raid resulted in the confiscation of assorted firearms, ammunition and illegal drugs and paraphernalia.
Duterte also urged Parojinog’s accomplices to come out in the open and provide authorities information on the councilor’s whereabouts.
The President said it is better if they turn over Parojinog dead, promising that they will be given immunity from criminal liability.
Duterte also expressed disappointment that the Ozamiz police is objecting to his decision to transfer to Iloilo City their leader, Chief Insp. Jovie Espeindo, because they are afraid of Parojinog’s possible revenge.
“Anong klaseng pulis ito? Katarando nitong unggoy na ito. Nakakaasar. (What kind of cops are these? These monkeys are foolish. Annoying),” he said.
The mayors of Albuera town in Leyte and Ozamiz City were killed in the war against drugs under Espenido’s stint as police chief of Albuerra and Ozamiz.
Espenido was transferred to Iloilo City after the President said that Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog was included in the list of narco-politicians.Mabilog in Japan
Mabilog flew to Japan, a trip that the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) said was authorized.
In a text message yesterday, DILG officer-in-charge Undersecretary Catalino Cuy said based on records, Mabilog’s travel to Japan from Aug. 31 to Sept. 3 and his participation at an event in Malaysia from Sept. 7 “were approved by the DILG.”
Mabilog’s lawyer Mark Piad was quoted in news reports as saying that the local chief executive left for Japan last Wednesday to attend a forum of CityNet, an organization focusing on urban development.
Under the law, no local government official shall leave for abroad without the appropriate travel authorization and approved leave application from authorities.
DILG Memorandum Circular 2017-30 said any violation of the provision shall be dealt with in accordance with civil service rules and regulations. – With Emmanuel Tupas